Parents / Departments / Design Technology / Food technology
|Food Technology||Graphic Products||Health & Social Care||Resistant Materials||Textiles|
Course Title: Food Technology
Textiles Exam Board: AQA
Click here to view Specification (opens in new tab/window)
(60% coursework and one examination 40%)
Entry Requirements (if appropriate): Not Applicable
Contact: Subject Specialist Miss D Outen
Head of Department Mrs K. Rutherford
Pupils will be given the opportunity to acquire and apply knowledge, skills and understanding through:
• Analysing and evaluating products and processes.
• Engaging in focused tasks to develop and demonstrate techniques.
• Engaging in strategies for developing ideas, planning and producing food products.
• Design for manufacturing in quantity and to be aware of current commercial/industrial processes;
• Recognising the moral, cultural and environmental issues inherent in Food Technology.
You will develop new ideas and produce outstanding portfolios of work. You will develop food production skills, learn how new products are developed in the food industry, you will also learn about many different ingredients and how these ingredients function in recipes to give the required outcome.
Skills and Attributes
• Pupils should have a passion for all aspects of Food Technology which combines the design and practical elements.
• Pupils will need knowledge of good health and safety practice.
• Pupils must be able to demonstrate competence in a range of practical food skills, methods and processes to produce quality outcomes.
• Pupils must be prepared to work both in a group and independently.
• Pupils must also have good time management and personal organization skills, these are essential if deadlines are to be met successfully.
Possible Future Career Pathways
Professional caterer, chef, manager of your own food business, teaching and further study of food sciences, which in itself can lead to many more careers such as food technologist and nutritionist.