Parents / Departments / Design Technology / Graphic Products
|Food Technology||Graphic Products||Health & Social Care||Resistant Materials||Textiles|
Course Title: Graphic Products
Exam Board: AQA
Click here to view Specification (opens in new tab/window)
(60% coursework and one examination 40%)
Entry Requirements (if appropriate): Not Applicable
Contact: Subject Specialist Miss D Outen
Head of Department Mrs K. Rutherford
Pupils will be given the opportunity to acquire and apply knowledge, skills and understanding through:
• Analysing and evaluating products and processes.
• Engaging in focused tasks to develop and demonstrate techniques.
• Engaging in strategies for developing ideas, planning and producing products.
• Considering how past and present design and context, affect society
• Recognising the moral, cultural and environmental issues inherent in Design and Technology.
This GCSE focuses on designing for the world we live in using Computer Designing Software and graphic materials. Throughout Year 10 pupils will develop their drawing skills ready to take on the 60% GCSE controlled assessment in Year 11. The course now deals heavily with Smart Materials and sustainability of products in the 21st Century.
Possible Future Career Pathways