Parents / Departments / Design Technology / Resisdant Materials
|Food Technology||Graphic Products||Health & Social Care||Resistant Materials||Textiles|
Course Title: Resistant Materials
Exam Board: AQA (60% coursework and one examination 40%)
Click here to view Specification (opens in new tab/window)
Entry Requirements (if appropriate): Not Applicable
Contact: Subject Specialist Miss H Pestell
Head of Department Mrs K. Rutherford
Students will be given the opportunity to acquire and apply knowledge, skills and understanding through:
• Analysing and evaluating products and processes.
• Engaging in focused tasks to develop and demonstrate techniques.
• Engaging in strategies for developing ideas, planning and producing products.
• Considering how past and present design and technology , relevant to a designing and making context, affect society
• Recognising the moral, cultural and environmental issues inherent in Design and Technology.
This GCSE focuses on designing and making products using a range of resistant materials and equipment. This course will extend the skill levels of the student using both hand tools and workshop machinery whilst bringing in CAD/CAM to enhance GCSE capabilities. A folder of design work leading to a finished product will account for 60% of the final grade.
Possible Future Career Pathways
If you are considering a career with any practical applications, this course will be suitable.